This is the first in a number of posts we will share with you regarding other age grouper’s favorite products, standard diet regiment and goals for the year. We share these as a way for you, the age grouper, to learn and hear from others as to what works for them and why. If you are interested in being interviewed for this blog series, just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Age Group Interview with KickStart Endurance Ambassador Nick Gregory
1. Name Nick Gregory
2. Age Group M25-29
3. Hometown Jupiter, Florida
4. Current town Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5. Profession Mortgage Industry
6. Sports you are actively participating in currently Triathlon, ultra-marathon, surfing
7. Are you a member of any teams or clubs? Hammerhead Triathlon Club-Jacksonville, Florida
8. Do you follow a specific diet or nutrition plan? (Zone, paleo, ketosis, etc) No specific plan, however I consume a ton of fresh fruits and vegetables, along with lean proteins (turkey, chicken, and seafood), then finally (my favorite part) my carbohydrate selection: lately quinoa or sweet potato have been my go to in assisting my fueling and recovery from long training runs.
9. Favorite pre-workout fuel (snack, coffee, bar, etc) Cup of coffee, water with a Nuun tablet, and a pack of Honey Stinger Energy Chews (Lime flavored).
10. Favorite post-workout fuel Endurox R4-Chocolate. Tastes like chocolate milk!
11. What nutrition products do you train/race with? Accelerade, Salt stick capsules, Nuun, and Xtreme Endurance.
12. Have you found a specific type of nutrition works better for you versus another? (bar vs. gel, gel vs. chew, all liquids) I have found I work best with a primarily liquid based nutrition, especially for long course racing. I do, however, still incorporate my beloved Honey Stinger chews, and a rare piece of true, solid food in Iron-distance racing. My secret food in my special needs bag at Ironman Florida was a piece of banana bread…it has never tasted so good!
13. Is there a specific event(s) you are training for currently? Currently training for the Ironhorse 100k in Florahome, Florida. This will be first venture at the 100k distance, and ultra marathoning in general. Needless to say, I am extremely excited about both the physical and mental challenge.
14. What are your goals for 2013? Personal and sport-related, complete the Ironhorse 100k, work on speed in the second half of the season, and attempt to punch my ticket to Vegas (Ironman 70.3 World Championships).
15. What is your favorite product KickStart Endurance offers and why? Xtreme Endurance is probably my favorite product right now. Through all the arduous training, quick recovery is key. I have been using the product for just about a month and have been nothing but pleased with the product so far. It has made running back-to-back long runs much easier.
Thank you Nick for sharing your secrets of how you run so many miles! Maybe we should look into carrying banana bread!
Nick is our first Ambassador for KickStart Endurance and has been an avid supporter from the very beginning. Be on the look out for big things from this guy!